Are you using Kindle Unlimited or Audible and want to know the differences between them? If your answer is yes, then you are indeed at the right place to know about both the products owned by Amazon in details. This will also help the users who are yet to choose an appropriate product for them.
Amazon’s kindle unlimited is solely for the vast e-book readers who love to read books a lot. Amazon provides subscriptions for it and once the users subscribe it, they can simply choose and read any book registered to Kindle Unlimited without paying any extra penny. The subscription prices change from time to time and from place to place but normally the subscription costs $9.99 which consists of access to more than a million titles which includes ebook and audiobook. Amazon always looks for providing the best services to its customers and thus this instability in pricing. Along with the paid version, kindle also has the free trials.
Some of the advantages of Kindle: –
- Get any book into the device.
- A large number of authors.
- Access to magazines
- And lots more.
Amazon bought Audible in 2008. It is accessible in multiple platforms such as iOS, Android, Kindle, Mac OS X, Windows etc. It allows the users to hear the reading of any book purchased in either male or female voice. It also provides both free trial and paid versions. it has two pricing plans i.e. Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus.
Audible plus:- $7.95. It has access to Audible Plus Catalog.
Audible Premium Plus:- 1 credit=$14.95. (Monthly)
2 credits=$22.95 (Monthly)
12 credits=$149.50 (Yearly)
These plans have access to Audible Plus, provide exclusive discounts, allow exchange of titles and prevent wastage of credits.
Some of the advantages of Audible: –
- Access large number of books.
- Offline access.
- Whispersync for voice.
- Adjustable listening speed.
WHAT ARE THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN AUDIBLE AND KINDLE?
- Both the products work on monthly subscription basis and has free trials.
- Both of them have audiobooks for streaming.
- Access to large number of books.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN KINDLE AND AUDIBLE.
- Kindle is mainly used for reading books while audible software allows the users to simply hear what is being written in the book.
- It is true that the prices for both the products depend on what country they are being used. Still, Audible is generally more expensive than Kindle unlimited.
- The contents are more in Amazon Kindle as it provides more than 6 million books to read. Additionally, one can also submit a book or create an audiobook. However, submitting a book is easier than creating audiobooks. Therefore, we can have varied quality with e-books while Audible is recommended for those who loves listening to books rather than reading it by their own.
- If by any reason, a user want to cancel their Kindle subscription midway, all the contents will get lost as they are kindle follows a borrowing policy and users actually borrow books. To the contrary, Users need not borrow any books in audible. They actually buy them with their credits earned while subscription. Additionally, Audible allows exchange of books with a very convenient and user friendly exchange-policy.
- Kindle unlimited can only be used by US citizens but few other countries i.e.
- Canada can also sign-up in their local Amazon marketplace. To the contrary, Audible is available to almost all the users around the world.
- 10 titles can be borrowed at a time with no due dates in case of Kindle while audible provides 1-2 credits each month and the credits get expired after a year.
How can you return/exchange your audiobook on Audible?
Some steps are needed to follow to return or exchange any book on Audible: –
- Visit the main Audible page and log in.
- Select “Account Details” that appears after hovering over “Hi Your name!” option.
- A list of options appears. Select the “Purchase History” option from the list available in the left sidebar.
- All the audiobooks purchased will be visible now. If you want to return, click “RETURN” or “EXCHANGE” if you simply want to exchange it.
- Before confirming, select the reason for returning or exchanging and then click on “Return” or “Exchange”.
How to gift an Audible book?
The following steps help in gifting an audible book to a friend or relatives.
- Visit the main page and select the book you want to gift.
- The landing page of the title appears, select “Give as a gift”.
- A page appears which says “How would you like to send your gift?” i.e. Either by email or Print. Fill the details like recipient’s email, name, your name etc. And how you wish to send the gift.
- Choose the date you want your gift to delivered to the recipient.
- It is a humble practice to write a note with the gift. After writing, click “continue”.
- Click “Buy” after confirming all the details of gift purchase.
- Done!! You will now receive an email confirmation of the purchase and other details based on your order.
How to get Credits on Audible?
Users can get credits on audible in different ways. If the users have subscribed a membership plan, then their credits will be added automatically. Additionally, one can purchase audible credits too. However, if any user is enrolled in a legacy membership, he/she won’t be able to buy more credits.
How to cancel Audible?
Audible offers two cancel functionalities. Firstly, you can cancel the order you have ordered. For cancelling an order, follow the steps: –
- Visit the audible website and click on the “Purchase History” option. A list of purchased books will appear on the screen.
- Some purchases can be returned and therefore click on the “Return Title” button next to it.
- The orders not eligible for return will have written “Not Eligible for Return” beside the titles.
Apart from this, Audible membership can also be cancelled.
Follow the steps for cancelling Audible membership: –
- Go to the account details section after visiting the main Audible page.
- Locate the Account settings option. Just below this option you can find another option named “Cancel my membership”.
- Some instructions will be written and you need to follow those instructions available on the screen.
All the remaining credits terminates once the membership is cancelled. Therefore, it is highly recommended to use the credits before cancelling the membership permanently. However, the audio books available in your library can still be accessed even after membership cancellation.
How to download Audible books?
Audible books can be downloaded by following the steps enumerated as under: –
- Log in (if necessary) into your Audible website by visiting the main page.
- At the top of the screen, locate “Library” and select it.
- Find the audiobook you want to download and select the “Download” option located below the “Other Actions” field.
The file will then be downloaded. You can listen to these downloaded audiobooks anytime either online or offline.
How to cancel Kindle Unlimited?
Kindle unlimited subscription can be cancelled, but no refund will be made for any unused months. Following are the steps required to cancel Kindle Unlimited subscription.
- Log into your Amazon account in the main page and visit the “Manage your kindle Unlimited Membership”.
- Find the “Manage Membership” option that appears on the page and select “Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership”.
- Click on the “Cancel Membership” option.
The membership will then remain active until the next billing date only. All the access to the contents that have been checked out will be lost once the billing date passes.
How to gift Kindle Unlimited?
Kindle Unlimited has an amazing way of gifting. Follow the steps for gifting kindle books to your dear and near ones.
- Visit the Kindle Unlimited Gift Landing page.
- A Membership duration is needed to be selected i.e. of (6, 12 or 24 months). Check the “This is a gift” option and mark it as selected.
- Add the gift to your cart.
- Select the “Proceed to checkout” option on the purchase notification page.
- The “Gift Options” page will then be opened. Select the “Give Kindle Unlimited as a gift”.
- Fill the recipient’s email address and the date it needs to be sent.
- A nice message can be written for the recipient along with the product.
- Save the gift option.
- Check the billing information next page.
- Finally, place your order.
The recipient now receives the gift and he/she needs to follow some steps to use it.
- Click the orange button on the mail received that says “Redeem your Kindle Unlimited membership”.
- They can then load the number selected for Kindle Unlimited to their Amazon account.
- Alternatively, they can also use the purchase price as a gift card which will then be directly added to their Amazon account.
How to return a Kindle Unlimited Book?
Kindle book can be returned from your library by following the steps given below: –
- Visit the main page and go to “Manage your Content and devices” page.
- Choose the title that you need to return in the “Your Content” list.
- Select the three dots i.e. … available.
- A window then pops up saying “Return this book”. Click on it.
- Confirm it clicking on “Yes” button.
- The book will now be returned.
WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
Based on all the comparisons, it can be inferred that it depends on individuals to decide which one is better. If a user likes to read books, they can choose Kindle and enjoy reading while users who are too busy to read can simply use the Audible to turn on the audio and simply hear the book narrated by the machine voice.