Kindle Unlimited Vs Audible , Would you rather have access to Kindle Unlimited or Audible?
Both are quite well-liked among Amazon customers, but you may find one more suitable.
Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited is a membership service that provides access to an extensive library of electronic books for a monthly fee.
Audible offers its users a subscription to its audiobook service as an alternative to reading.
Both have a wide selection of books, but Audible is more expensive since you can buy books rather than borrow them.
Whereas Kindle Unlimited is not yet available internationally, Audible’s library is.
Here, we’ll evaluate Kindle Unlimited against Audible so you can make an informed decision.
Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited is solely for the vast number of e-book readers who love to read books a lot.
Amazon provides subscriptions, and once the users subscribe, they can choose and read any book registered to Kindle Unlimited without paying any extra penny.
The subscription prices change from time to time and from place to place, but normally the subscription costs $9.99 and consists of access to more than a million titles, including e-books and audiobooks. Amazon always looks to provide the best services to its customers, and thus this instability in pricing. Along with the paid version, Kindle also has free trials.
Some of the advantages of Kindle:
- Get any book into the device.
- A large number of authors.
- Access to magazines
- And lots more.
Amazon bought Audible in 2008. These are a few of its merits:
- Accessible on multiple platforms, such as iOS, Android, Kindle, Mac OS X, Windows, etc. I
- Allows the users to hear the reading of any book purchased in either a male or female voice.
- Provides both free trial and paid versions.
- It has two pricing plans, i.e., Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus.
Audible plus:- $7.95. It has access to Audible Plus Catalog.
Audible Premium Plus:- 1 credit=$14.95. (Monthly)
2 credits=$22.95 (Monthly)
12 credits=$149.50 (Yearly)
These plans have access to Audible Plus, provide exclusive discounts, allow the exchange of titles, and prevent the wastage of credits.
Some of the advantages of Audible: –
- Access a large number of books.
- Offline access.
- Whispersync for voice.
- Adjustable listening speed.
WHAT ARE THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN AUDIBLE AND KINDLE?
- Both products work on a monthly subscription basis and have free trials.
- Both of them have audiobooks for streaming.
- Access to a large number of books.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN KINDLE AND AUDIBLE.
- Kindle is mainly used for reading books, while audible software allows users to hear what is written in the book.
- The prices for both products depending on what country they are used in. Still, Audible is generally more expensive than Kindle unlimited.
- The contents are more in Amazon Kindle as it provides more than 6 million books to read. Additionally, one can also submit a book or create an audiobook. However, submitting a book is easier than creating audiobooks. Therefore, we can have varied quality with e-books, while Audible is recommended for those who love listening to books rather than reading them on their own.
- Suppose, for any reason, a user wants to cancel their Kindle subscription midway. In that case, all the contents will get lost as Kindle follows a borrowing policy, and users borrow books. On the contrary, Users need not borrow any books in audible. They buy them with the credits earned during their subscription. Additionally, Audible allows the exchange of books with a very convenient and user-friendly exchange policy.US citizens can only use Kindle unlimited, but a few other countries i.e., UK,Australia, India, China, France, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Mexico, Spain, Japan, and Canada can also sign-up in their local Amazon marketplace. On the contrary, Audible is available to almost all users worldwide.
- Ten titles can be borrowed at a time with no due dates in the case of Kindle, while audible provides 1-2 credits each month, and the credits get expire after a year.
How can you return/exchange your audiobook on Audible?
Some steps are needed to follow to return or exchange any book on Audible: –
- Visit the main Audible page and log in.
- Select “Account Details,” which appears after hovering over the “Hi, Your name!” option.
- A list of options appears. Select the “Purchase History” option from the list available in the left sidebar.
- All the audiobooks purchased will be visible now. If you want to return it, click “RETURN” or “EXCHANGE” to exchange it.
- Before confirming, select the reason for returning or exchanging and click “Return” or “Exchange”.
How to gift an Audible book?
The following steps help gift an audible book to a friend or relative.
- Visit the main page and select the book you want to gift.
- The landing page of the title appears; select “Give as a gift”.
- A page says, “How would you like to send your gift?” i.e., Either by email or Print. Fill in the details like the recipient’s email, name, your name, etc. And how you wish to send the gift.
- Choose the date you want your gift to be delivered to the recipient.
- It is a humble practice to write a note with a gift. After writing, click “Continue”.
- Click “Buy” after confirming all the details of the gift purchase.
- Done!! You will now receive an email confirmation of the purchase and other details based on your order.
How to get Credits on Audible?
Users can get credits on audible in different ways. If the users subscribe to a membership plan, their credits will be automatically added. Additionally, one can purchase audible credits too. However, users who are enrolled in a legacy membership will need more credits to buy.
How to cancel Audible?
Audible offers two cancel functionalities. Firstly, you can cancel the order you have ordered. To cancel an order, follow the steps: –
- Visit the audible website and click on the “Purchase History” option. A list of purchased books will appear on the screen.
- Some purchases can be returned, so click on the “Return Title” button.
- The orders not eligible for return will have written “Not Eligible for Return” beside the titles.
Apart from this, Audible membership can also be canceled.
Follow the steps for canceling Audible membership: –
- Go to the account details section after visiting the main Audible page.
- Locate the Account settings option. Below this option, you can find another option named “Cancel my membership”.
- Some instructions will be written and you need to follow those instructions available on the screen.
All the remaining credits terminate once the membership is canceled. Therefore, using the credits before permanently canceling the membership is highly recommended. However, the audiobooks available in your library can still be accessed even after membership cancellation.
How to download Audible books?
Audible books can be downloaded by following the steps enumerated as under: –
- Log in (if necessary) into your Audible website by visiting the main page.
- At the top of the screen, locate “Library” and select it.
- Find the audiobook you want to download and select the “Download” option below the “Other Actions” field.
The file will then be downloaded. You can listen to these downloaded audiobooks anytime either online or offline.
How to cancel Kindle Unlimited?
Kindle unlimited subscription can be cancelled, but no refund will be made for any unused months. Following are the steps required to cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription.
- Log into your Amazon account on the main page and visit the “Manage your kindle Unlimited Membership.”
- Find the “Manage Membership” option on the page and select “Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership.”
- Click on the “Cancel Membership” option.
The membership will then remain active until the next billing date only. All-access to the contents checked out will be lost once the billing date passes.
How to gift Kindle Unlimited?
Kindle Unlimited has an amazing way of gifting. Follow the steps for gifting kindle books to your dear and near ones.
- Visit the Kindle Unlimited Gift Landing page.
- Membership duration is needed to be selected, i.e., (6, 12, or 24 months). Check the “This is a gift” option and mark it as selected.
- Add the gift to your cart.
- Select the “Proceed to checkout” option on the purchase notification page.
- The “Gift Options” page will then be opened. Select “Give Kindle Unlimited as a gift”.
- Fill in the recipient’s email address and the date it needs to be sent.
- A nice message can be written for the recipient along with the product.
- Save the gift option.
- Check the billing information next page.
- Finally, place your order.
The recipient now receives the gift, and they need to follow some steps to use it.
- Click the orange button on the mail received that says “Redeem your Kindle Unlimited membership”.
- They can then load the number selected for Kindle Unlimited to their Amazon account.
- Alternatively, they can use the purchase price as a gift card which will then be directly added to their Amazon account.
How to return a Kindle Unlimited Book?
Kindle book can be returned from your library by following the steps given below: –
- Visit the main page and go to the “Manage your Content and devices” page.
- Choose the title you need to return in the “Your Content” list.
- Select the three dots i.e. … available.
- A window then pops up saying, “Return this book”. Click on it.
- Confirm it by clicking on the “Yes” button.
- The book will now be returned.
WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
Based on all the comparisons, it can be inferred that it depends on individuals to decide which is better. For example, if a user likes to read books, they can choose Kindle and enjoy reading, while users who are too busy to read can use Audible to turn on the audio and hear the book narrated by the machine voice.